Plasmatronics PL80 12-48V 60A Regulator
Plasmatronics PL80 12-48 Volt 80 Amp Intelligent Regulator
The Plasmatronics PL series of charge controllers are the industry standard, field proven way to take control of your battery based renewable energy system.
With tens of thousands of units in service, in a huge variety of applications, the Plasmatronics PL series has a well-earned reputation for versatility and reliability.
The four stage charging algorithm incorporating true Pulse Width Modulated (PWM) constant voltage control gives you complete control over the whole charging cycle. All charging voltages and times are adjustable over generously wide ranges. This allows you to customise the charging regime to suit just about any custom requirements which you, your customer, or your battery manufacturer may have. Of course, in most cases you can choose from one of our four default programs, which cover most types of batteries and systems extremely well.
Plasmatronics PL series controllers have plenty of other tricks up their sleeves as well. They can control generators, night lights, back-up battery charging, many timer applications, and heaps more.
A comprehensive LCD display gives battery voltage, charge current, Ah in and out, load current, battery temperature (with optional sensor) and more. System performance data is available for the last 30 days. The controller remembers what happened, even if the user might not.
With the optional PLI interface and PLCOM software, the user can access all the functions from a remote computer. All data can be read, and all settings adjusted.
Because it can handle 12, 24, 32, 36, and 48V systems, and be set to deal with any battery requirements, you can use it in almost any battery charging job. It may be the only regulator you will ever need to stock. (Higher voltages available on special order).
- Adjustable: All settings are adjustable, and are stored in non volatile memory so you don't lose your custom set up if the unit needs to be disconnected from the battery.
- Display: User friendly LCD display. Each number has a label.
- Energy metering: Daily Load and Charge Ah plus State of Charge, all recorded for 30 days.
- Four Stage Regulation: Boost, Absorption, Float, and Equalisation available as appropriate for the battery type.
- History: Records Charge and Load Ah, Max and Min battery voltages, SOC, and Float times for the last 30 days. You can tell how much energy was really collected and used. This history can be very useful when diagnosing a system problem.
- Generator Control: A sophisticated generator controller is included, with four different modes of control, and a quiet time option.
- Event Control: A powerful event controller/timer allows the Load and/or General Purpose terminal to turn on or off a wide range of loads (eg pumps, lights, motors etc.), under a user specified set of conditions.
- Alarm: There is an adjustable high or low battery voltage alarm output, which can drive an external alarm device.
- Second Battery: When the main battery is full, the PL can supply a signal to switch a relay, so that some or all of the array can charge a second battery. The second battery charging is also controlled.
- Remote control: The PLM remote display allows all functions to be accessed from up to 100 metres away. Fits in a standard light switch mounting plate.
- Data Comms: Communication with a computer is possible via the optional PLI interface. This allows fast downloading of all data and adjustment of settings. Can be used via a modem for remote sites etc.
- Protection: Protected against short circuits, reverse flow, and lightning. Low battery load disconnect function built in. Current limiting in the event of over temperature or over current. Full conformal coating protects against corrosion.
- External Shunts: Up to two external shunts can be added using optional DC isolated PLS2 shunt adaptors. Inverter and/or battery charger current and other external currents can be included in the Ah readings and SOC.
- Now available in limited quantities
- All the same features as PL 60, just more charge current and more load current
- Same size and mounting dimensions as PL60
- Full Charge and Load in 50° C ambient
- Use up to three PL80s with a PLA for 240A charge current