All Natural Energy has full accreditation to design, supply and install stand alone power systems New South Wales wide. Stand alone power systems, also known as RAPS or remote area power systems, are a very specialized area of work which requires detailed planning and assessing before installation can commence.
For many people in remote areas, a stand alone power system can offer a much more affordable option for obtaining power for their home. Many rural properties are located several kilometers from the nearest mains power source, (therefore to connect to mains power, can be an extremely expensive exercise, especially if it involves the purchase of a transformer). It is not unusual to receive a quotation in excess of $50,000 to $100,000 to connect to mains power.
This is where a stand alone power system can offer a much more affordable option for households needing power to run their homes.
A stand alone power system is a lot more sophisticated than your standard grid connect system. They are a complex area of work that needs to be skillfully designed and sized to accommodate a household's individual needs and as no household is the same, no solar power system will be either.
There are many factors that need to be considered when designing a stand alone power system. These factors include:
- How many people will be living at the property full time or part time
- What appliances will be used in the home and their wattage
- What will be the frequency and duration of each appliance
It is therefore very helpful to the system designer, if the customer has a clear understanding of what their power needs will be for their home. This can be estimated by making a list of appliances, their wattage (which is usually listed on the back of the appliance) and an estimated length of use per day. Purchasing a power usage meter may also be useful in gathering information on your power consumption or referring to your current electricity bill.
While stand alone power systems can operate a lot of every day household appliances, the customer needs to have a clear understanding of the limitations of a stand alone solar power system. In most cases we recommend that the use of air conditioning and electrical cooktops / hotwater be avoided or limited as much as possible as these appliances are very expensive to run on solar power.
To save on cost outlay, energy efficient appliances and general energy conservation are very important elements in a stand alone power system. Customers who wish to install a stand alone power system should take the time to research the most efficient appliances, a helpful guide can be found at www.energyrating.gov.au
At All Natural Energy we offer the following services for stand alone power systems:
- Design, supply and install complete new systems for residental homes or weekenders. All Natural Energy have full CEC Accreditation to design and install stand alone power systems and have over 15 years experience in the industry. Over the past decade All Natural Energy have installed a large number of stand alone power systems over a vast area of NSW including such places as Young, Howes Valley, The Hawkesbury, Bathurst, Orange, Dubbo, Taralga, Bega, Adaminaby & Beyond! Give our office a call if you need assistance and cannot find a reliable installer in your area - we can help you!
- Stand alone system upgrades and system expansions. If you are wanting to add more solar modules to your system or install a larger battery bank, we are happy to assist you. We can assess your current system and work out the best and most affordable option for you.
- Service call outs for system breakdown and repairs. If your system breaks down and you need help, give us a call and we will try and assist you. All Natural Energy have extensive experience with system faults and breakdowns and can offer phone and on-site support.
- Inverter replacements due to lightning strikes and power failure. Often a violent storm can damage your inverter and we understand that customers may need urgent assistance if they do not have reliable power. We are happy to come out and assess and test your inverter and organise a replacement or repair asap - we can also liase with your insurance company if required.
- Battery replacements due to long life - if sized correctly and well maintained, your stand alone system battery bank should last approximately 10 to 15 years. All Natural Energy can assist you in testing and replacing your battery bank if your system needs updating. We have a range of both GEL, AGM and lead acid batteries available and we can also ship batteries to anywhere within Australia. Call our office for assistance.
At All Natural Energy we are proud to support the following brands:
There are many components that make up a typical stand alone power system. These include:
The main brands we recommend and use are Trina and Suntech solar panels, other brands such as CNPV, Kyocea & Jinko can be sourced upon request.
The brand of inverter we recommend for stand alone power systems is Selectronic. Selectronic inverters are an Australian owned company, who have been operating for over 40 years – their inverters are of excellent quality. All Natural Energy are also happy to source inverters from Latronics & Xantrex.
The brand we mainly recommend is Exide Energystore deep cycle batteries. These offer a 5 year pro rata warranty. We have a wide range of batteries available including sealed AGM and GEL options. Please call our office for a quotation.
The brand we recommend and use is GSL and Plasmatronics. Again other brands can be sourced upon request, such as Apollo, Stecca, Tristar, Morningstar and many more.
Customers may have one already in use but All Natural Energy can also source this item for the customer too.